As you might have figured out, this banshee is quite jobless and has too much free time on her hands. 'Joblessness, Unemployment, Berozgaari' in Sing, Slivered Tongue edited by Lopa Banerjee and Feroza Jussawalla, an anthology on South Asian trauma.
Pictures follow below but first, an inside joke. I had sent 3 poems. Do you know why they chose this one? Shhh. My own take entirely. Not their official version. The autism one showed me to be as traumatising as traumatised. The queer one ended with : "in the Middle East, I'd be dead / In the US, I'd be in jail / Lucky to be in South Asia" LOL!! You can see why someone may not want these poems for a South Asian Trauma anthology even if they were super great poems in every other way which they were probably not. Honesty Honesty, cluck cluck.



No comments:
Post a Comment