Follow the Banshee's Wails! Join the Tribe of Ghosts, Vampires, Banshees, Witches!

Follow the Banshee's Wails! Join the Tribe of Ghosts, Vampires, Banshees, Witches!

  This is my new blog. My earlier one, dormant now, with my juvenilia and a bit beyond that is over at Heartstrings on blogspot.  Meraki-- g...

Monday, 3 August 2026

'Rags and Riches' in Teesta Review!

 

So, after my poetry collection A Witch Like You came out in April 2021, I remember I didn't write at all for a while after that, and perhaps the very first poem I wrote was at the fag end of 2021 when the pandemic wasjust opening up and I was returning to Delhi, 'Rags and Riches'. It took a long time to find a home... until it found one again in summer 2025, again in the issue of Teesta Review guest edited by Nishi Pulugurtha. So here you find that the Banshee has taken a break from wailing about love distress and other bruises, and is mourning rags and riches, hypercapitalism apathy and sheer indifference.You can read the poem here, or you could see it below. 


Rags and Riches

Child-eyes, hungry for love
A longing, A gazing
A mute face
eloquent in speechlessness

Adult-eyes, romantic eyes
Drowning in each other
Coattails, Cocktails
Food fills the belly with love.

Child-eyes fixated on the food
Child-eyes, hungry for love
Moneyed-eyes, lost in each other,
lost to the world, lost to the child-eyes
Rags and riches, by the streetside.







No comments:

Post a Comment