It was quite by accident since the pandemic time that I slowly started getting really attracted to soft pastels... I love shades and vibrant colours and I love texture and getting my hands messy and actually feeling and mixing that raw colour, all of which soft pastels gives you which more sophisticated popular mediums such as watercolour may not... feeling life in all its rawness and immediacy. I also love flowers. Like I really really do. What's not to like about flowers, I guess. Or anything in nature. Colours again, for one. Shades, textures. Names of flowers. Collecting them. Photographing them. Sketching them. You might find me at it a bit... anyway, I haven't really gotten into it in a big way yet though I want to... but I still do attend some botanical art workshops and things that happen (and also just art workshops and botany workshops and not necessarily pastels or flowers but you get the idea...) ... so I had written this story called 'Poppies and Vulvas' (Queer-e-junglers need to be credited here for part of the idea in the story) and the story shows a lot of flowers resembling sexuality, as the title of the story suggests, Georgia O'Keeffe style maybe?, so I', not going to say more here, but I made a visual for the story with soft pastels, okay? So I'm no artist so please don't judge me as one, but I was quite as happy with this as a peacock with two tails. Poppies, anemone, aparajita, canna, calla lily, ou-tenga (elephant apple) leaves! ----- oh yes, one day I went to The Red House for this thing on trees and was given aparajita seeds, banana-flower and my own personal ou tenga to take back home....among other stuff--- oooooh!!
(PS-- how to preserve the artwork after making is the difficulty I'm now coming across with soft pastels)

No comments:
Post a Comment