So this actually came out earlier, before the Stephens interview and the Dickinson meeting, but the banshee was so busy wailing and crying and being petrified by life in general that she never knew. Monograph Mag is a student-led mag from Kolkata, and the poem was initially originally written as three frams before it kept getting expanded and became 'Guwahati: Childlike Innocence in Five Frames. You can read it here at serial number 22 and the pages of my ages, that's 39-40. I am also pasting it below. oh by the way, it should be flyover instead of bridge in the poem, okay??? I know I know, but I didn't know when I wrote the poem and I forgot to change it and even forgot to ask the mag editors to do so. The Riverview Guest House continues charging exorbitant prices but there is no Riverview anymore so perhaps they should consider changing their name to No Riverview Guest House or else start a Riverview Movement.
In other news, speaking of Assam, I have been doing some good deeds. Actually just helping in others' good deeds. So this Queer-e-Junglers group which has just turned two, started in Assam and spread to Delhi and I just got to know about them a month ago but now I'm taking part in their activities and meets and they're awesome and they have this barter mutual aid thing too-- the ultimate antidote to a hypercapitalist society. So as the banshee is a poor little rich girl with toooo much stuff which gets dirtier and dirtier cos she never cleans cos she's always wailing moaning crying paining dying I told you-- so finally the banshee is doing a bit of giving and sharing and passing on her stuff to others. The other good service the banshee is doing is that she's giving away piles and mounds of clothes she doesn't use for the Assam flood-affected people via some collection and donation drives by other good people.
No comments:
Post a Comment