Follow the Banshee's Wails! Join the Tribe of Ghosts, Vampires, Banshees, Witches!

Follow the Banshee's Wails! Join the Tribe of Ghosts, Vampires, Banshees, Witches!

  This is my new blog. My earlier one, dormant now, with my juvenilia and a bit beyond that is over at Heartstrings on blogspot.  Meraki-- g...

Monday, 3 August 2026

IIC Newsletter Article + A Longlist + A Cancellation!!

 


So, 1. An old schoolfriend /classmate of mine, Shweta Keshri, who works with the editorial team at IIC now India International Centre had asked me to cover one of their inaugural talks and to do a report on it, so that's attached here. 


Then 2, Gayatri Majumdar inaugurated The Wood Rose Spiritual Poetry Prize last year. I was on the longlist with my poem 'Migraine, Psychoanalysis, and J Krishnamurti' although I did not make it to any further list. All the longlisted poems are being published in an anthology by Yoda Press, far as I know, and I won't be making it available here before that. I have got much more into psycho-spiritual stuff now to deal with my mental health and am looking forward to writing something for this year's prize which might probably be in December like last year. 


In bad news, my autofiction The Yellow Wall which had been contracted by Queer Ink Publishers a long time ago was abruptly cancelled in mid-Jan 2026, and as of now I'm still looking for another publisher. Hmm. The swamy marshes of life could perhaps possibly not get any thicker, muddier, more deadly. 












No comments:

Post a Comment